Acupuncture during your 1st, 2nd, 3rd trimester can help ensure a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery.
Acupuncture can help:
- to prevent miscarriage
- to manage nausea and vomiting
- to increase energy
- to prevent constipation and bloating
- to reduce anxiety
- you sleep better
- to manage common pregnancy symptoms like back pain, hip pain, headaches, stress, pelvic pain, sciatica
- to optimally position the baby especially if the baby is in breech position
- to manage high blood pressure
When to start Acupuncture for Labour Preparation
- Start preparation acupuncture in the last trimester of pregnancy, usually begin treatments at 36 WEEKS
- Treatments are once weekly until delivery of baby or 40 weeks
- At 40 weeks we move forward with acupuncture to promote labour
Why would I use acupuncture to prepare for my labour?
- Reduce average time of labour (average reduction of 2 hours)
- Ease discomfort of last few weeks of pregnancy
- Reduce anxiety about upcoming labour or delivery
Acupuncture is an effective therapy when used to support your pregnancy.